Stay On Top of What’s Happening in the Broader Canadian Housing Sector
If housing sector trends impact your business, our data can help support you in building out a Marketing and Business Development strategy that sets you apart.
Benchmark Yourself Against The Competition
Interested in understanding how your performance stacks up? We have the insight that can help you benchmark your activity levels against the market.
Rely On Our Market Experts
Many of our clients rely on our residential market perspectives to help guide development and business planning. Our Market Analysts and Economists can provide bespoke research to help understand key trends or market activity.
Key Areas Covered:
- Home buying market segments (first-time,
move-up / down, rental)
- Niche markets: seniors housing, student
housing, purpose-built rental, condominium,
- Local market conditions/outlook
- Forecasts of new home construction/housing
- Renovation trends and forecasts
- Demographic changes and implications for
- New construction technologies/products
- Changing housing policy environment
- Lending environment
An annual subscription includes monthly reports on focus topics as well as quarterly forecasts of housing starts activity by province and major market.
Stay On Top Of Consumer Trends And Gain An Advantage
If consumer behaviour related to home buying, mortgages and other borrowing affect your business, our data can help support you in building out a Marketing and Business Development strategy that sets you apart.
Benchmark Your Lending Institution Against the Competition
Interested in understanding how your lending institution is performing in terms of mortgages and household borrowing? We have the insight that can help you benchmark yourself today and every quarter.
Rely On Our Market Experts
Many of our clients rely on our insight into consumer behaviour to help guide development and business planning. Our Economists and Data Analysts can provide bespoke research and custom surveys to help understand key trends or market activity.
Metrics we track include:
- Home buying, renovation and car buying
activity and intentions
- Key components of household debt
(composition and amounts outstanding)
- Size of mortgage and average home values
- Size and source of down payments
- Mortgage insurance on property
- Mortgage term, amortization, interest rate and
fixed vs. variable
- Refinancing activity
- Use of mortgage brokers
- Attitudes towards borrowing
- Customer segmentation (first-time buyer vs. repeat buyer, age groups, income groups, regions/major markets, renters vs. owners)
- Incidence of borrowing with loans and line of credit
- Types of loans and lines of credit
- Amounts borrowed, frequency and purpose of
borrowing, including in-depth analysis of key
purposes (such as car buying, renovation
spending, education, investments)
- Outstanding balances and maximum borrowing
limits on lines of credit (home equity lines vs.
- Lender for mortgages, lines of credit and loans
- Satisfaction with lender